Athletic Floor Crew Installers
Sports Floors, Inc. is a woman-owned business committed to providing the Mid-South with the most beautiful, long-lasting athletic flooring available for over 25 years.
Position Description: We are seeking experienced wood flooring installers and sanders who are willing to travel and who are responsible for installing and sanding athletic wood flooring products while operating basic tools and flooring equipment. Sports Floors, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefit package that also includes daily per diem and lodging provided for out-of-town projects.
- Requires overnight travel in and out of state on a weekly basis.
- Installing, nailing, sanding, sealing, painting, finishing and maintenance of wood athletic flooring.
- May be required to perform a variety of simple calculations related to surface area, and material quantities.
- Uses and maintain hand tools, portable power tools, and stationary power tools in a safe manner.
- Basic knowledge of tool and equipment safety, ability to identify and correct environmental or other workplace hazards.
- Willingness to learn and receive instruction/direction from project manager.
- Work with a crew of 2 - 4.
Experience/Flooring Technical Skills Required:
- 1- 2 years’ experience with residential/athletic wood flooring.
- Wood floor maintenance experience.
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work; experience with residential/commercial settings preferred.
- Requires physical work with the ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds independently and 100+ pounds as a team lift, including frequent work on hands/knees, while pushing and pulling, bending, while performing physical labor that is essential to completing the project.
- Must possess the skills to multi-task, work in a team setting, and meet deadlines.
Sports Floors, Inc. is willing to train individuals that have the ability to learn and grow within our company.
Conditions of Employment:
- Valid state driver’s license and social security card is required.
- Valid state driver’s license
Applicants should email work history or qualifications to [email protected].
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER