Sports Floors, Inc. is a woman-owned business committed to providing the Mid-South with the most beautiful, long-lasting athletic flooring available for over 25 years.
Position Description: We are seeking experienced foremen/lead wood flooring installers who are willing to travel and who are responsible for installing athletic wood flooring products while operating basic tools and flooring equipment. Sports Floors, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefit package that also includes daily per diem and lodging provided for out of town projects.
- Requires overnight travel in and out of state on a weekly basis.
- Installation and maintenance of wood athletic flooring.
- May be required to perform a variety of simple calculations related to surface area, and material quantities.
- Uses and maintain hand tools, portable power tools, and stationary power tools in a safe manner.
- Basic knowledge of tool and equipment safety, ability to identify and correct environmental or other workplace hazards.
- Willingness to learn and receive instruction/direction from project manager.
- Manage crews of 3 to 5.
Experience/Flooring Technical Skills Required:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with residential/athletic wood flooring.
- Wood floor maintenance experience.
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work; experience with residential/commercial settings preferred.
- Requires physical work with the ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds independently and 100+ pounds as a team lift, including frequent work on hands/knees, while pushing and pulling, bending, while performing physical labor that is essential to completing the project.
- Must possess the skills to multi-task, work in a team setting, and meet deadlines.
Conditions of Employment:
- Valid state driver’s license is required.
- Ability to lead other field team members and manage materials and equipment.
Applicants should email work history or qualifications to [email protected].
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER